Saturday, May 23, 2015

Rise Up, Oh Men of God!


My heart continues to soar into the depths of Eternity following the Grand Mesa Retreat.  I don't fully understand the impact this event had on my heart, nor do I understand the ways of God.  I will simply say that I know this event was coordinated and approved of by Him.

Preparation

Bret Corbridge invited me along to scout possible locations for the men of the Retreat to gather.  He selected a great location: the Visitors Center of the Grand Mesa.  On that day there was a great open area perfectly suited for our event.  The snow was melted away with plenty of comfortable rocks to sit on.

I was asked by Bret to say a few words at the opening of the Men's Retreat. As I pondered the upcoming events the Spirit directed me to ask Bret for a blessing.  I sat upon a rock surrounded by tall pine trees.  After the blessing I knew exactly what God would have me say on Saturday.

Men's Retreat on The Mesa

By Saturday morning our carefully chosen location became impossible due to the recently fallen snow.  Alex made a great command decision and had the men gather under the protection of the Visitors Center's covered porches, situated just a few hundred feet away from our original location. Since the Visitor's Center was closed for the season , there were no other visitors. It couldn't have been more perfect.  Cold, snowing and wrapped in heavy jackets the Men's Retreat began.  I will provide only my contribution.

To The Men of God:

Rise up, brethren and become prophets!  Not to be the leader of a corporation nor for the purposes of practicing priestcraft, control or unrighteous dominion upon the souls of men, but for your salvation, the salvation of your family and to bring about the purposes of Almighty God!

  Numbers 11:29,  D&C 1:19-20 ,  John 17:3 , Revelation 19:10  

We are not just to know about Jesus Christ and His Father, we are to KNOW THEM, visit with Them and be in Their Presence!  That is Life Eternal!  That is how we obtain The Testimony of Jesus!  Not simply having a testimony about Him!  The Testimony of Jesus is:  Jesus Christ bearing Testimony to you about who He is!  That is THE TESTIMONY of Jesus!  To the recipient of His Testimony is given the Spirit of prophecy or to become a prophet unto Christ.

My Contribution on The Mesa:  What God Would Have Me Say

On October 28, 2014 I had a conversation with God our Eternal Father.  You can read about that here.  It is pleasing to God that I share this event with you.

God has spoken the name of Denver Snuffer to me.  He said that Denver is the Servant spoken of in Jacob 5:70, that Denver was chosen by Him and prepared for that purpose.  He also said that I was to be prepared in the same manner that Denver has been prepared.  I would have my Calling and Election made sure 'not many days hence', and once I receive it I was to bear witness of that event. It comes directly from Christ and no one else.  He further said that I would be taken through the Veil and into the Presence of Christ, then my wife and I would be taken through together to be with the Father and the Son.  These events are to happen in this life.  Many other promises were given.


I share these promises with you so that you too may seek to obtain them. These claims may seem sensational to those who don't understand the Gospel of Christ. I want you to know it is possible!  It took me four years of study, prayer and action to wrestle this blessing away from God.  I had no other object in mind other than passing through the Veil to Know Christ.  This has been my prayer continually since learning it is necessary for salvation. It has now been promised to me and I patiently wait upon my Lord.


I promise you, as it was put in my heart by Christ, Saturday May 16, 2015: In His Name, you too may obtain these same promises if you seek them!

  "And now I go unto the Father. And verily I say unto you, whatsoever things ye shall ask the Father in my name shall be given unto you.  Therefore, ask, and ye shall receive; knock, and it shall be opened unto you; for he that asketh, receiveth; and unto him that knocketh, it shall be opened"  3 Nephi 27:28-29

Let us glory in the Salvation of Christ the Lord and enter His Presence!  Let us Rise Up Together, Oh Men Of God!!





5 comments:

  1. I was there to hear Sean.

    Without going into details, I can say the Lord gave me a significant experience that occurred just before and throughout Sean's comments. I mentioned something general to Sean about this toward the end of our meeting.

    We were blessed there on that cold, snowy porch. I was blessed. At some time I would like to communicate more with you, Sean, about that experience.

    David

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I look forward to talking to you again, David. We were all blessed with manna from Heaven that cold, snowy day. I am forever changed by this Retreat.

      Delete
  2. Sean thank you for your faith, and for receiving the words needed so that the Lord could work through you....the other day I pulled into Subway where we met the day before the Retreat, and it made me miss you deeply...How wonderful that two men can meet as strangers and leave as brothers just a couple of hours later.

    Onward in Christ!!

    Bret

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bret, thank you for listening to the Voice of the Lord and organizing this event!

      I am forever changed.

      I'm thankful we spent Thursday afternoon together! Following the last gathering of the Reunion on Sunday I was not fit to be around people. Had I not been affected so deeply... I would have spent more time with you.

      We met as strangers and parted as brothers in Christ! I miss you terribly.

      A very wise man once said, "No apologies. No Fear. Onward in Christ!"

      I will live by those words!

      Delete
  3. Well, Son, It's no wonder you declined to say much to me following your return from the Grand Mesa. I can, certainly, feel the power in the words you have imparted, here, for everyone! Thank you for responding to the call to leadership. Love you, Mom

    ReplyDelete